Effective Date: 09-Nov-2023
Data Collection and Usage
We only collect and process personal data to provide our services and enhance user experience. Personal data refers to any information that directly or indirectly identifies an individual.
At various points on our website and mobile application, we may collect the following information from our users:
- Personal identification information (full name, email address, phone number)
- Location information (only if you provide consent)
- Usage data (IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, language preferences)
- Traffic data (collected by Google Analytics; anonymized and encrypted)
Legal Bases for Data Processing
We process personal data on the following legal bases:
- The necessity of processing for the performance of a contract with you
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Protection of our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business effectively
- With your explicit consent where required by data protection laws
We will not use your personal data for any purposes other than those outlined in this policy.
User Data Rights and Control
As a user of TransitWave, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request access to your personal data, which we will provide within a reasonable time frame.
- Correction: You may request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you be amended or updated.
- Deletion: You can request the erasure of your personal data from our systems, though certain legal obligations or legitimate interests may prevent this in some cases.
- Objection to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal grounds for processing.
To exercise your rights, please Contact Us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will promptly review and respond to your requests, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Data Storage and Security
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal data. These measures include, but are not limited to, encryption, regularly testing our systems, and limiting access to authorized personnel only.
When you submit personal data to TransitWave, the data is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet is entirely secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data during transmission.
Third-Party Data Sharing
TransitWave only shares personal data with trusted third parties to enable the provision of our services and streamline their functionality. These may include:
- Website hosting providers
- Analytics service providers (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Financial transaction processors
- Law enforcement and regulatory entities, where required by law or subpoena
We require all third parties to maintain the same level of security and data protection as mandated by international data protection regulations. We prohibit these third parties from using your personal data for any purpose other than providing requested services.
International Data Transfers
If you use our services from outside of the United States, please be aware that your personal data may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By accessing our service, you consent to the transfer and processing of your data in the United States or any other country in which we have facilities, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
TransitWave does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age or offer services targeting children. If we become aware of any personal data collected from children without parental consent, we will take immediate steps to delete it. If you believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from a child, please contact us immediately.
- Email: [[email protected]]